Student Research and Internship Opportunities
2019 Summer Institute in Biomedical Informatics at Harvard Medical School
Applications accepted November 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019
This opportunity is open to Undergraduate students with quantitative interests and skills who aspire to contribute to translational advances in biomedicine with a future PhD or research-oriented MD or MD/PhD.
“If you are an undergraduate with a strong quantitative background and interested in innovation and methodological rigor in your approach to scientific inquiry in biomedicine or in the translation of computational methods to engineering/software applications in medicine, this is the summer program for you. Please note that this is not a program for students seeking a summer research experience in order to enhance your competitiveness for entry to medical school”
If you are interested in this summer research opportunity through the Harvard Medical School, additional information and application can be found here.
Scripps Institution of Oceanography UC San Diego Summer Internship Opportunity
Marine Physical Laboratory Summer Internship Program
Are you considering applying to grad school and interested in oceanography as a career path? Contemplating a career in scientific research and development?
The Marine Physical Laboratory, at UC San Diego’s world renowned Scripps Institution of Oceanography, is currently seeking inquisitive, motivated undergraduate students with exceptional aptitude for quantitative science to apply for the 2019 MPL Summer Internship Program.
Undergraduate college students majoring in Oceanography, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Geology are encouraged to apply. This ten-week internship will offer qualified students the opportunity to work with some of the most notable scientists in the world and learn about marine science and technology while earning a modest salary.
- Currently enrolled as 1st, 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate – and not in your senior year – at a college or university with a major applicable to research done at MPL
- A U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Considering a career in scientific research
- Available to start at MPL in La Jolla, California, in June 2019
- Available to work the duration of the internship, ten consecutive weeks from the start date, for 40 hours per week at a salary of $14/hr
- Not a former MPL summer intern
- OK with working a short distance from some of Southern California’s best beaches and surf
UCSD is an equal opportunity employer, with a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity.
- Acoustics and Infrasound
- Applied Ocean Sciences
- Autonomous Ocean Platforms and Global Observing Systems
- Coastal Oceanography
- Internal Waves and Ocean Mixing
- Marine Mammal Biology
- Nonlinear and Surface Waves
- Ocean Acoustics
- Ocean Instrumentation and Technology
- Ocean-Atmosphere Interactions
- Physical Oceanography
- Population and Community Ecology
- Upper Ocean and Submesoscale Processes
- Air-Sea Interaction Research
- Coastal Observatory Development
- Observations of Waves and Currents Nearshore
- Optical and Ancillary Measurements at High Latitudes in Support of the MODIS Ocean Validation Program
- Reference Materials for Oceanic Carbon Dioxide Measurements
- Time Reversal Mirror in the Ocean
- Whale Acoustics
- Whole Sky Imager
HOW TO APPLY:
- Visit Scripps Summer Internship Page to complete the application online. The documentation required and steps on how to apply will on the application will be listed on that web page.
Applications will only be considered when submitted via the above link.
* Applications will be accepted online through 4 p.m. Pacific time on January 18, 2019
* Decisions emailed to applicants by the end of April 2019
Call for Applicants: NSF/REU Undergraduate Research Fellowship in Interdisciplinary Water Science and Engineering
Application Deadline: February 15, 2019 (11:59 PM, EST)
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
Rising sophomore, junior and senior undergraduate students from all U.S. colleges/universities are invited to apply for a 10-week NSF/REU summer research program in interdisciplinary water science and engineering at Virginia Tech. Fellowships begin May 28, 2019 (arrival day) and end August 2, 2019 (departure day). A stipend of $500/week ($5000 total), housing, meals, and travel expenses are provided. Ten students will be recruited for this program; two applicants will be selected for travel to India for research at The Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM).
For more information and to apply, visit: