Fellowship and MSGC Award Reporting
Formatting to be used for: CUGR AY Fellowships, CUGR Summer Fellowships, MSGC AY Fellowships, MSGC Summer Fellowships, MSGC Research Experience, AI Fellowships, and MED Fellowships
File Name & File Format
Save all final report materials in a single .pdf file (multiple files and file uploads will not be accepted).
The final report filename should be titled: LASTNAME_AWARD TYPE YEAR_REPORT
e.g. Alex Smith, Fellowship recipient, would name/save the final report file as such:
Final Report Information:
- Your written report is a more complete summary of your work.
- Final reports should be no more than four pages including graphs and charts and no less than two pages.
- Font – Calibri font, 11 point
- Line Spacing – Use single spacing
- Alignment, use align left (please do not use the justify feature)
- Margins- 1’’ top, bottom, left, and right margins
- Paragraph – do NOT change the spacing before or after (keep at 0 -default setting)
- Figures, charts, pictures- with the picture or project selected, under format, select inline with text as the wrapping style in the layout tab. Selecting other options causes formatting eros. Make sure the information is readable!
- Formatting tools- do NOT use any of the following formatting tools in your report as it has caused major problems when we copy and pates your report:
- Paragraph spacing (pt before and after). Please keep this at 0 – default settings.
- Page numbering
- Track changes (commentary from your advisor must be deleted before submitting your paper)
- Headers or Footers
- Footnotes and endnotes
- Hyperlinks in the body of the paper to figures, footnotes, endnotes, pictures, or objects
- Protect documents or password protection
- The final report template can be found here: https://www.msgc.org/wp-content/uploads/MSGC-Student-Final-Report-Template.pdf
The report should include:
- Introductory Information in the following order: (Centered)
– Title of Your Research Report (Use Bold Formatting)
– Student Researcher (You): First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name
– Advisor: Name of Your Advisor
– Name of College / University You Attend (Use Underline Formatting
– Name of Your Department
- Project objectives (a discussion of your objectives)
- Methodology used
- Results obtained
- Significance and interpretation of results
- Self-assessment of the project’s success
- Publications and follow-up proposals resulted from this award
- Acknowledgments and References (references do not need to be included within the 4 pages, they can be supplemental.)